The Tucker-Maxon Oral School began in 1947 as a school where children with hearing loss learned to talk. Today we educate children with typical hearing and children with hearing loss together in small, collaborative classes. Our students who are deaf do not use sign language. Instead, with the help of digital hearing aids, cochlear implants, early diagnosis, and early intervention, our students who are deaf learn to speak and listen very well. The school operates three primary programs including the school for deaf and hearing children, a graduate program preparing teachers of deaf children, and the Technology Center for Oral Education.
2860 Southeast Holgate Boulevard
Portland, OR 97202