The Toledo Symphony (TSO) was formed in 1943 as The Friends of Music and was incorporated in 1951. Since that time, the TSO has grown from a core group of 22 part-time musicians to an orchestra that employs nearly 80 professional musicians who consider the Toledo Symphony their primary employer, as well as numerous extra players annually as repertoire demands. In 2008-2009 it will continue its mission of service and quality and present over 400 performances to nearly 300,000 music listeners. Performances take place in classrooms, concert halls, churches, auditoriums, senior centers, and theatres in nearly 100 communities in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. In its commitment to provide excellent music to the largest possible audience, the Toledo Symphony remains an essential force in the quality of life throughout the region.
1838 Parkwood Avenue
Toledo, OH 43604