On March 15, 1878, the Greenwich Library was incorporated by Joint Resolution of the Connecticut General Assembly. The library's mission is to provide free and convenient access to information and to promote the love of reading and research, and the joy of lifelong learning and engagement with the arts, sciences and humanities. Library staff guide patrons - individuals, businesses, schools and local government - to timely and accurate information to further their educational, social, cultural, and economical advancement. The Byram Shubert and Cos Cob Library branches offer current and popular collections that meet the local community's needs and facilitate access to the broader collection and services provided by the main library.
101 West Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830