Located on the corner of George and Philadelphia Streets in downtown York, the Appel Center for the Performing Arts serves as a leading arts presenter in south central Pennsylvania. The complex encompasses five buildings, including its two historic theaters - the Capitol Theatre, built in 1906 as a one-level dance hall and opera house, and the Strand Theatre, which opened in 1925 primarily for vaudeville and silent film. The Center's mission is to enhance the quality of life in our community by engaging the region in a diverse performing arts and cinematic program through presentations, co-productions, rentals and strategic alliances which facilitate audience development, education, community interaction and economic development while ensuring the financial stability of our organization and the historic integrity of our buildings.
50 North George Street
York, PA 17401